Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Muir Quotes

Go down

John Muir Quotes Empty John Muir Quotes

Post by Vanilla2 March 13th 2010, 4:47 am

Just recently came across John Muir Quotes and wondered why I'd never come across them before ( think he has become my favourite) I feel realy warmed to his Quotes (if thats the right expression) and feels he sums it all up perfectly, you will notice they all are about nature. I particularly like these first two quotes.

I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.”
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

There is not a fragment in all nature, for every relative fragment of one thing is a full harmonious unit in itself.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

Few are altogether deaf to the preaching of pine trees. Their sermons on the mountains go to our hearts; and if people in general could be got into the woods, even for once, to hear the trees speak for themselves, all difficulties in the way of forest preservation would vanish.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truly get into the heart of the wilderness. All other travel is mere dust and hotels and baggage and chatter.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

The mountains are calling and I must go.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

I could go on forever they are all so fresh and pure, just as nature intended flower

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

John Muir Quotes Empty Re: John Muir Quotes

Post by Linda March 13th 2010, 10:38 am

Nice Vanilla2, my favorite one is
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
(-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being April 12th 2010, 5:01 pm

Wonderful Quotes

Love them all Loves

2 stand out to me
Vanilla2 wrote:
Few are altogether deaf to the preaching of pine trees. Their sermons on the mountains go to our hearts; and if people in general could be got into the woods, even for once, to hear the trees speak for themselves, all difficulties in the way of forest preservation would vanish.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

I Love Trees, I Love Looking at their Infinite Beauty, So Peaceful, Trees can Teach many things if one just Looks & Listens.

Vanilla2 wrote:When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.
John Muir (1838 - 1914)

What a Storm of Beauty it Is Amen

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 May 25th 2010, 9:50 am

Thought I would add this Info about John Muir, as someone mentioned to me today on another forum that I'd just placed this link to, that he sounded like a wise man, and I wanted to find out more about him and his lifestyle.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Muir

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being May 25th 2010, 3:58 pm

Thanks Vanilla2 i enjoyed reading about John Muir, his quotes are very Inspiring i do Love them as well.

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum