Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJ the Pidgeon

Go down

PJ the Pidgeon Empty PJ the Pidgeon

Post by Linda May 14th 2010, 11:59 am

A few days ago our dog Piggy Wiggy caught a pidgeon. My husband got it from our dog, and saw the pidgeon was injured and would not fly. He asked me what to do with it. I told him put the bird up on the fence, out of reach of the dog and maybe he would get his composure and fly away.

He did not fly away, so we left food and water for him, when it was time for us to go to bed, my husband stated if we left the bird out all night the cats would get him, so we brought him inside in a box, I expected to see a dead bird the next morning but he survived the night. I then put royal jelly on his cuts and next day he was perky. We took him outside and he wouldn't fly, but was able to walk around.

We brought him back inside for the night. yesterday I sent my hubby to get chicken wire and he built a little safe haven for him in our front yard. I felt guilty leaving him out all night, but I knew he could not live inside with us. This morning my hubby let him out of his cage, and "PJ" yes we named him, flew on the roof. He's free, I miss him already. (-:

When I got home from work, he was nowhere to be seen )-:
My husband told me he has been on the roof across the street for the last four hours, I went outside and looked and called his name "PJ", he turned to me in recognition (-:
at one point he flew back and stayed on our roof all night long, I visited him periodically before retiring for the night.

This morning he was on our roof with two friends, I hope he comes to visit us periodically (-:

Linda
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

PJ the Pidgeon Empty Re: PJ the Pidgeon

Post by Vanilla2 May 14th 2010, 6:23 pm

Oh that is lovely Linda, you done your best for him now he is repaying you by visiting your roof.
I found myself almost doing the same last year, we had an injured pigeon in our garden it took me some time to catch him and let him go out into the field at the back of our garden where he had been trying to reach, poor thing was exhausted. I do also have to look out for the young birds each year, I often find one or two that just do not make it, Its so sad.

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Christine May 15th 2010, 2:37 pm

This is so nice. I enjoyed reading that. You have a very big heart Linda.

Hugs, Christine
Christine

Number of posts : 14
Appreciation Points : 20
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer May 17th 2010, 9:05 am

You have a great love of animals. I think thats GREAT. We should all be the keeper of animals. You have a very caring heart. Thanks for sharing.

Love and Light

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being May 18th 2010, 3:29 pm

Very Loving & Compassionate Linda, PJ seems to be grateful, he/she knows where the Love is and it is all around your property. I feel PJ was thanking You & your Husband for the Care you provided for PJ.

I too have Saved Lives out of Love & Compassion for Life. A short story, Our cat (Flowery) likes to catch & eat birds which i find very sad, we feed her canned cat food but she does not like it much, we tried many different brands with the same result, she likes birds, and it breaks my heart to see her with them in her mouth, when i have the chance to get close to her i try to catch her so she will let go of the bird. One time i did get close enough and she let the bird go and i chased her away, the bird took off and was fine, i was very happy to have saved the sparrows life. Another time a sparrow was injured from a car, i gave the sparrow a nice place to nest in a basket with soft toilet paper, i did not expect the sparrow to make it, but in the morning the sparrow was gone. Once again i was happy to have saved a life.

I can certainly relate to how you felt Linda & Vanilla2 saving Lives is Amazing Hugs

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda June 9th 2010, 6:46 pm

After PJ "flew the coop" we started putting out birdseed and water out every morning for all the birds. I still haven't seen PJ, but I have hope that he is still out there somewhere and alright. This morning my husband woke me up and said "They are outside waiting for You", I asked him "Who is outside?" he said "The birds, they are waiting for you to feed them." As I was feeding them this morning, I told them breakfast starts at 7am not 6, ok? see you tomorrow at 7am little birdies (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 June 10th 2010, 3:14 am

Ha ha hope they took heed and listened Linda.

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 14th 2010, 6:56 pm

That is absolutely Beautiful Linda

What a Free Spirit you are Giving Flowers Lily

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum