The 5 most heartbreaking words are arguably “I don’t love you anymore.” So how do you recover after hearing those words?
It may not seem like it at the time, but you will survive to lift that pile of bricks off your chest if you rely on your inner guidance. Relying on your inner guidance is like having a recovery team to help you lift those bricks and get you back on your feet.
Following are some techniques that may help you.
1. First there is a process, the process of accepting what is. Don’t get caught in, “Should have,” “Would have,” “Could have.” (Shoulda-Woulda-Coulda) Accept it and move on.
2. Don’t feel sorry for yourself or be angry at yourself for not being able to “hang on.” That is the worst thing you can do to a relationship that is over.
3. There is no doubt that it will hurt. Feel the burn. Cry it out, hug it out, punch a punching bag, get rid of the physicality of anger. Hurt won’t last forever. Give yourself time to heal and time really does heal.
4. Don’t shut off contact with the outside world. Have a network of friends and family to turn to. Diversify your activities. Get out an mingle, be careful of rebound relationships. Some recommend getting right back on the horse, some don’t. This depends on how you feel.
5. Be grateful for the great experiences that love afforded you, but don’t dwell on them. Create new experiences and know that you are a survivor. Life doesn’t give you experiences you can’t handle. Look at every situation with a fresh pair of eyes, live and love.
Number of posts : 983
Age : 70
Location : Suffolk England
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16
Heart Break Hurts alot, i think we all go through this at least once or many times in our Lives. I Love the Techniques you posted here Mia, someone will read this post im sure, when they are going through a Breakup, and im sure it will help them a great deal. Who knows it could be me. I will keep this post in mind if i go through a Heart Break.
Number of posts : 2292
Age : 44
Location : Hamden, Connecticut
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14
- Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum