Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Intuitive Mind and Self Discovery

Go down

The Intuitive Mind and Self Discovery Empty The Intuitive Mind and Self Discovery

Post by sunmystic on February 6th 2012, 9:05 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition_%28psychology%29

Quote from website:
Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference or the use of reason.[1]
"The word 'intuition' comes from the Latin word 'intueri', which is
often roughly translated as meaning 'to look inside'’ or 'to
contemplate'."[2] Intuition provides us with beliefs that we cannot necessarily justify. For this reason, it has been the subject of study in psychology, as well as a topic of interest in the supernatural. The "right brain" is popularly associated with intuitive processes such as aesthetic abilities.[3][4][5] Some scientists have contended that intuition is associated with innovation in scientific discovery.[6] Intuition is also a common subject of New Age writings.[7]
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Intuitive Mind and Self Discovery Empty Re: The Intuitive Mind and Self Discovery

Post by sunmystic on February 6th 2012, 9:11 am

Can the Intuitive mind (Intuition) be used as a tool for "Self Discovery"? Based on my experience the "intuitive mind" can be used for self discovery.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

The Intuitive Mind and Self Discovery Empty Re: The Intuitive Mind and Self Discovery

Post by sunmystic on February 6th 2012, 9:42 am

Background:

To me the "intuitive mind" is a tool that can be used to explore anything and I use it to explore everything. Now, the way that I activate this tool is by asking a question, and the more perfect the question, the more perfect the answer. So to me happiness is the perfect question Smile . Self Discovery and the Perfect Question? Humm?

What is self discovery?

Just for the record, you can ask the intuitive mind for a question Smile .
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 6th 2012, 10:35 am

In Psychiatry, other than the perfect drug to make you sane, the object is to solve psychological problems through analysis. And analysis is basically based on the theory that if you talk long enough, that you will figure out and solve what ever it is that is the problem, with the understanding that things can take years before concluding in a solve. You can do the same thing with the intuitive mind that you can do with a psychiatrist, if you understand that it is probably going to take years and you are not concerned about the time that it takes. True self discovery based on my experience also takes years and generally speaking also involves solving psychological problems.

The primary question in analysis is, "How do you feel about that?", with the "that" being whatever it was you just got through saying. The secondary question is, "Why do you feel that way?" Questions and answers. The easiest way based on my experience to explore Self Discovery with the intuitive mind is to also use the process of question and answers.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 7th 2012, 11:08 am

So to get this self discovery thing started I asked the Intuitive Mind for a question to ask the Intuitive Mind. The Intuitive Mind's answer was: "What is self discovery?"

Me to the Intuitive Mind: "What is Self Discovery?"

The Intuitive Mind's answer: "Self Discovery is anything that you learn about your self."

Ok Smile the concept of "anything" can go in any direction and has no parameters. So I need another question to set up some parameters for my query to to the Intuitive Mind. My question to the Intuitive Mind, "Intuitive Mind I need another question to ask you. What would that question be?"

Intuitive Mind, "What psychological problems do I have?"

"What psychological problems do I have at this point in time?"

"Fear of people and fear of physical discomfort."
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 7th 2012, 11:22 am

Are these fears valid?

Yes.

So now I have discovered something about the psychology of myself.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on February 7th 2012, 11:28 am

I would just like to add this quote to this topic, if I may....

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
― Albert Einstein
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on February 7th 2012, 11:49 am

I can truly relate to what you speak of sunmystic, at the moment i have been going for counseling as my doctor suggested, ive been to one session and during that time all i felt was to teach and share, i knew i deal with alot in life but who doesn't i love sharing my experiences and knowledge with others.

I guess i the question i need to ask myself is why to i feel this need to teach and share? and am i open enough to allow for others teachings and experiences to help me understand things i did not? They also suggested medication as i have become much more introverted, spending most of my time inside and having less time interacting with others.

I the mind is a powerful thing, if i let it it will create all sorts of negative thoughts the mind seems to want control or so it seems. I know with slow evaluation of what the mind gets or thinks can help understand where and what needs to be done.

The intuitive mind seems to be a more quiet mind, with thoughts racing it is difficult for me to allow for this intuitive information to come through, or do i even realize it has. A chattery mind can affect peace of mind. A quiet mind brings in great wisdom and knowledge better decisions can be made, this is just what i have observed through my own psyche.

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 7th 2012, 12:34 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:I would just like to add this quote to this topic, if I may....

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
― Albert Einstein

Vanilla that quote is the motivation for this topic Smile . Based on my experience, with what Einstein calls "the gift", is the setting of the parameters of the question. Einstein knew how to do that, and that knowledge was the key to his genus. When you first posted that quote of Einstein's, you opened up some understanding in my world. Einstein and I have something in common. That was something I never expected. The Intuitive Mind and Self Discovery 220146
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 7th 2012, 12:40 pm

Spirit-Being wrote:I can truly relate to what you speak of sunmystic, at the moment i have been going for counseling as my doctor suggested, ive been to one session and during that time all i felt was to teach and share, i knew i deal with alot in life but who doesn't i love sharing my experiences and knowledge with others.

I guess i the question i need to ask myself is why to i feel this need to teach and share? and am i open enough to allow for others teachings and experiences to help me understand things i did not? They also suggested medication as i have become much more introverted, spending most of my time inside and having less time interacting with others.

I the mind is a powerful thing, if i let it it will create all sorts of negative thoughts the mind seems to want control or so it seems. I know with slow evaluation of what the mind gets or thinks can help understand where and what needs to be done.

The intuitive mind seems to be a more quiet mind, with thoughts racing it is difficult for me to allow for this intuitive information to come through, or do i even realize it has. A chattery mind can affect peace of mind. A quiet mind brings in great wisdom and knowledge better decisions can be made, this is just what i have observed through my own psyche.

Many Blessings

Back when I was your age my beloved friend, I went through exactly the same things that you are going through. Thirty years later I am now exploring the light at the end of the tunnel Smile . Spirit-Being my heart goes out to you!
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

The Intuitive Mind and Self Discovery Empty Taming The Wild Intuitive Mind

Post by sunmystic on February 8th 2012, 12:12 pm

Most folks are aware of their access to the Intuitive Mind, but because they are interacting with the wild Intuitive Mind the results that they get from the Intuitive Mind are often unpredictable and confusing. There is one hard fast rule when it comes to the Intuitive Mind, it's answers are always the result of a question whether that question is consciously formed or subconsciously formed or some version of both. And along with it responding to a question, it also always responds within the set parameters of that question whether those parameters in the subconscious mind or the conscious mind. When dealing with the tame Intuitive Mind all parameters to a question are known and set by the conscious mind. When all of the parameters to a question are not known and set by the conscious mind the Intuitive Mind then becomes wild. Usually this wild is caused by there being parameters to the question that are set by the subconscious mind and the conscious mind is unaware of them. If the problem is not caused by the subconscious mind, then wild is caused by the parameters of the question being too open ended. Not specific enough thus causing the Intuitive Mind to attempt to solve Pi, so to speak Smile . "If this, then this", clear off into infinity or it gives an answer that appears to be something similar to "Zen".

Now it should also be understood that when dealing with the tame Intuitive Mind (all the parameters to the question are known and set) that you may not have enough information to understand the answer. If that happens, then the tame Intuitive Mind will continue to answer the question as you, over time, receive the more information needed to help you to understand the answer.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 8th 2012, 12:25 pm

The "Wild Intuitive Mind" is wild because it has not been properly fenced in Smile .
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on February 8th 2012, 2:40 pm

This is very helpful sunmystic, i shall observe what i am getting and use the tools to help fence in that wild intuitive.

Blessings my friend Namaste

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 8th 2012, 7:54 pm

Practice makes perfect, if one is patient about achieving perfection.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 28th 2013, 8:06 am

I really liked this John.
I do it through writing.
The results are often amazing.
I wonder if the Intuitive Mind does not go spiritual travelling looking for
an answer?

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on May 28th 2013, 10:46 am

skfarblum wrote:I really liked this John.
I do it through writing.
The results are often amazing.
I wonder if the Intuitive Mind does not go spiritual travelling looking for
an answer?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Intuitive Mind went spiritual traveling for an answer Smile . After years of one on one with the intuitive mind I have given up trying to figure out how it works. It seems to go where ever it needs to go to get the answer. Love, John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum