Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Guides

Go down

Spirit Guides Empty Spirit Guides

Post by Spirit-Being on February 5th 2009, 8:42 pm

What Is a Spirit Guide?

Spirit Guides

Many people believe they have spirit guides. Some refer to theirs as angels or guardians. Regardless, if you believe you have one, a spirit guide is there simply to guide, not as an entity that you need to give yourself over to. If a spirit guide has a negative influence on your behavior, then chances are good that it's not a spirit guide at all, but something else entirely. These are some of the more commonly found types of spirit guides:

Ascended Masters:

These are guides often found by people who do energy work, such as Reiki. A ascended master who appears as a spirit guide is often a being that led a physical life and has moved on to a higher spiritual plane -- for example, Buddha, Krishna, even Jesus. Ascended masters usually work with collective groups of souls -- in other words, if you've got an ascended master hanging around you, you're not the only one he or she is helping. Their primary focus is that of helping all of humanity. It's not uncommon for an ascended master to have access to Akashic records. Also referred to as Master Teacher guides.

Ancestral Guides:

An ancestral guide is one who can claim some sort of kinship with you, such as your dear Aunt Tillie who died when you were ten. It may also appear in the form of a long-dead ancestor. In some schools of thought, these entities are seen as reincarnated guides, because they are the spirits of someone who loved us during their physical lifetime, or who had some sort of blood connection to our family. Some people, depending on their religious upbringing, may see these types of guides as guardian angels.

Common Spirit Guide, or Teacher Guide:

A typical spirit guide is archetypical, symbolic or representative of something else. For example, you may find your guide appears in the form of a warrior, a storyteller, or a wise woman, and they have appeared to you for a purpose. Typically, that purpose is to teach you and guide you along a particular path. They may also introduce you to other archetypes along your journey, and help out with problem solving, based upon your needs. They are known to provide insight by way of dreams or meditation, and may only hang around as long as you need them, then move on.

Animal Guides:

Although many people claim to have animals as spirit guides, often these entities are more companions than anything else. It's not uncommon for a deceased pet to linger around, keeping you company through the grieving process. In some spiritual traditions, such as various Native American or shamanic paths, a person may have an animal totem, which provides teaching and/or protection.

Last edited by Spirit-Being on June 5th 2009, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Spirit Guides Empty Re: Spirit Guides

Post by HypnoDude on February 6th 2009, 11:31 am

I notice your source of info here is solely a Pagan-Wiccan viewpoint. Which I completely respect and have absolutely nothing against.

If I may, I would like to provide my own interpretation of Spirit Guide, or what I personally believe and practice.

First I must say, that I believe that all entities, those incarnate AND those residing on The Other Side have access to the Akashic Records. Although, if you are an entity who is currently incarnated, you cannot view your own Chart / Blueprint (terminology differs) or the Charts / Blueprints of those close to you. Vast knowledge can be found in the Akashic Records, and is available to all who seek it.

HOWEVER: The Spirit Guide of one who is incarnate, may/can/does have complete access to the Chart / Blueprint of the Spirit they are a Guide for. Although, the Spirit Guide's position is to ready someone of upcoming events they have saw in the Chart, and may not / will not share the specifics of the individuals chart with them.

I personally believe that each incarnated individual, has a Spirit Guide for their entire incarnation. That Spirit Guide agreed to be your Spirit Guide, you chose them to be your Spirit Guide. The Entity who became your Spirit Guide, has incarnated on this plain at least once, (way prior to becoming your Spirit Guide) in order to be able to understand the "human" side of things. You yourself may have even shared a past incarnation with the Spirit who is now your Spirit Guide. Or you may have only shared a relationship on The Other Side.

One may recieve messages from their Spirit Guide, audibly in the conscious state, or visually, telepathically, audibly or otherwise in the Meditative, Hypnotic, or Dream State. Often times that "something told me...." just may have been your Spirit Guide. Wink

This next part I will also preface with being my personal Truth, and respect and agree to disagree with differring truths. 8)

Aunty Tootsie can not and will not be a guide to you or anyone else in your family who is currently incarnated and shared, even a spec of a minute with the previously incarnated entity known as Aunty Tootsie. As briefly mentioned above, everyone organizes thier Spirit Guide for an incarnation within the process of organizing your Chart / Blueprint. The Entity who becomes your Spirit Guide, is not in a current incarnation during your planning process for an incarnation, nor at any point during your own incarnation.

With that being said, I do believe that a loved one who has Graduated to The Other Side, can/will/does most definately come to us, whether in a vision, a dream, during an Astral Experience...etc, etc. And within those experiences you may see and or talk to Aunty Tootsie, she may have a message for you. Whether it be to tell you its not your time for Graduation (because you are experiencing an Out of Body) or just to tell you that she loves you and is still with you and is proud of who you have become....etc...etc.

Im still unsure of my own truths relating to the theory/belief stated above in regards to Ascended Masters & Angels being Guides............I do have a Truth in regards to Animal Guides, its pretty much described in the final lines of that paragraph under the Native American Culture Belief System in regards to it.

Interesting topic! Thanks for getting the ball rolling!!

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to Dance in the rain." ~Unknown
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on February 9th 2009, 5:12 pm

Your post makes a lot of sense HypnoDude, when i read this post i really felt a strong connection, and believe this to be very helpful.

The view i posted caught my attention and i thought wow, this is interesting and posted it, without the thought that it may conflict with other views on this subject. But all in all i hope people can learn from it as well as myself, i am always learning new things. I never stop learning :<I:

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude on February 9th 2009, 6:00 pm

Spirit-Being wrote:
...............without the thought that it may conflict with other views on this subject.........

Ouch. Conflict insinuates we are fighting over the subject. My Truth on the subject isnt quite the same as the Truth you posted on the subject, however that does not mean our Truths 'conflict.'

Id rather like to call it, Differ. Wink

Im not fighting with anyone, nor am I fighting to say my way is the only way. My Truth is rightfully my Truth, just as Your Truth is just as rightfully Your Truth.

I think its more about sharing Our Truths.

If someone hadnt researched much on the subject of Guides, they may walk away after reading our entries with a combination of My Truth, and Your Truth, which turned into Their Truth. And that certainly wouldnt be conflicting either. Wink

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to Dance in the rain." ~Unknown
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on February 9th 2009, 6:06 pm

Well Said

I tend to use wrong words from time to time, i guess when i posted the word conflict i did not mean it in a way of fighting. But i do like the word Differ much better Very Happy

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum