Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Go down

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple Empty Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Post by bhagavandas on April 10th 2013, 10:59 pm

http://www.zyworld.com/allseasons/harekrishnatemple.htm
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Location : Pacific Northwest
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple Empty Re: Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Post by Aussiepom on April 11th 2013, 3:50 am

Interesting,Mike. Now if I was nearer,I would be visiting there. As you know my daughter works with many Indian folks in the UK.
She has the utmost respect for all their religions....

Wave
Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Age : 86
Location : Cambridgeshire UK
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple Empty Re: Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Post by bhagavandas on April 11th 2013, 11:08 am

Our congregaton is mostly Anlgo, although we do get some East Indians atttending. There temple is Hillsboro, Oregon is huge, and is mostly Indian.... with a few Anglos attending. I haven't visited the Hindu Temple yet. Don't know why.... just busy I guess!
Aussiepom wrote:Interesting,Mike. Now if I was nearer,I would be visiting there. As you know my daughter works with many Indian folks in the UK.
She has the utmost respect for all their religions....

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple 63239
Joan
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Location : Pacific Northwest
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple Empty Re: Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Post by laura ann on April 11th 2013, 11:27 am

there used to be a huge krishna sect not to far from me in west virginia but the dumb good ole hillbilly folks with big guns and to busy hanging on to their this must be evil finally ran them off.
the building/compound is still there.
seems like I remember seeing it all was for sale several years ago
I do remember they used to come to charleston and other towns and hand out fliers and the people were often afraid of their ways and free spirits.

_________________
start all things with Love and end them with Love
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Age : 69
Location : east coast ..usa
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple Empty Re: Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Post by Aussiepom on April 11th 2013, 11:43 am

Now that is a temple I would like to visit,the Hindu temple.
Not many around the UK. Take it easy,Mike.....I sense the tiredness around you......
Joan




bhagavandas wrote:Our congregaton is mostly Anlgo, although we do get some East Indians atttending. There temple is Hillsboro, Oregon is huge, and is mostly Indian.... with a few Anglos attending. I haven't visited the Hindu Temple yet. Don't know why.... just busy I guess!
Aussiepom wrote:Interesting,Mike. Now if I was nearer,I would be visiting there. As you know my daughter works with many Indian folks in the UK.
She has the utmost respect for all their religions....

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple 63239
Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Age : 86
Location : Cambridgeshire UK
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple Empty Re: Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Post by bhagavandas on April 12th 2013, 8:35 am

Hi Laura, Are you speaking of New Vrindaban near Moundsville / Wheeling? If so, it's still there and operating. It never did close, although it was excommunicated in the '80s I think, then readmitted in the '90s. The URL to their website is http://newvrindaban.com/ I've always wanted to make it to New Vrindaban but haven't had the time to do so yet.
My family is from West Virginia by the way, Slab Fork.

laura ann wrote:there used to be a huge krishna sect not to far from me in west virginia but the dumb good ole hillbilly folks with big guns and to busy hanging on to their this must be evil finally ran them off.
the building/compound is still there.
seems like I remember seeing it all was for sale several years ago
I do remember they used to come to charleston and other towns and hand out fliers and the people were often afraid of their ways and free spirits.
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Location : Pacific Northwest
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple Empty Re: Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Post by laura ann on April 12th 2013, 10:40 am

Yes a a matter of fact it is.. did nto know they were back to operation again...thanks
I come from a long line of coal miners and coal towns. I live farther north west of slab fork...

_________________
start all things with Love and end them with Love
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Age : 69
Location : east coast ..usa
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple Empty Re: Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Post by bhagavandas on April 13th 2013, 9:59 am

Laura Ann, an ancestor of mine was the first resident of Cook County. His last name was Cook. He was given a lot of land there for fighting in the Revolutionary War (for some reason). I have the newspaper article about him somewhere. I really should find it and get it back to my Mom.
New Vrindaban is actually an unincorporated town. A lot of it is private property, and not necessarily Temple property. Have you been there? I've been told it's a lovely place. You should make the trip some weekend. They have accomidations.
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Location : Pacific Northwest
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple Empty Re: Portland, Oregon KRSNA Temple

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum