Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do we need plants and amimals

Go down

do we need plants and amimals Empty do we need plants and amimals

Post by Wind-Dancer March 1st 2009, 10:42 am

Ecological Forestry
Why we need a Healthy Wildlife Population

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: `What good is it?' If the land mechanism as a whole is good, then every part is good, whether we understand it or not. If the biota, in the course of aeons, had built something we like but do not understand, then who but a fool would discard seemingly useless parts? To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of tinkering."

Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

do we need plants and amimals Empty Re: do we need plants and amimals

Post by Spirit-Being July 18th 2009, 7:44 pm

Very True

Thanks for sharing Wind-Dancer

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 July 24th 2009, 9:29 pm

Thank you Wind-Dancer for posting this.

A healthy wildlife population has value in its own right - it belongs in the ecosystem and each species plays an important role.

More info here http://www.macphailwoods.org/ecoforest/ecoforest4.html
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda July 28th 2009, 3:51 pm

I used to think that cockroaches were menaces and they had no purpose, but I was talking to someone the other day, and he told me he liked them around, because they eat spiders. hmmm, I never knew that, I thought they just ate people food. (-:
I still don't want any in my house, I Like daddy long leg spiders, they thrive in my house, drives my husband crazy though, he threatens to vacuum them, but instead I gather them on my broom, and set the broom outside for them to be free.

As for plants, I came across this today...

"What is a weed?...a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
~ Ralph Walden Emerson

Linda (-:

Last edited by Linda on July 28th 2009, 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added)
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 July 29th 2009, 4:30 pm

there's something i remember very vividly that luda said and posted that we all are connected animals as well as plants we all breathe and need water and food to survive.So yes plants and animals are needed they are a part of our enviroment and serve different purposes in our lives. Very Happy :.: BlueFish flower Puppy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 30th 2009, 12:49 pm

Linda wrote:I used to think that cockroaches were menaces and they had no purpose, but I was talking to someone the other day, and he told me he liked them around, because they eat spiders. hmmm, I never knew that, I thought they just ate people food. (-:
I still don't want any in my house, I Like daddy long leg spiders, they thrive in my house, drives my husband crazy though, he threatens to vacuum them, but instead I gather them on my broom, and set the broom outside for them to be free.

As for plants, I came across this today...

"What is a weed?...a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
~ Ralph Walden Emerson

I think it's wonderful that you take the daddy long legs out of your house and free them :lovesigh: funny thing i do the same thing with any bug, insect, or fly i find in my house i always try to capture it and free it. There is this piece of paper i have hanging on the wall and i would like to share it with all of you, i read it all the time and i really love it.

It says:

1. Abstain from killing any living beings.

2. Abstain from taking what is not given.

3. Abstain from sexual misconduct.

4. Abstain from lying and false speech.

5. Abstain from the abusive consumption of intoxicants and drugs.

Acquire wisdom through meditation.

I take all these pretty seriously and i do my best to follow these although i still have much work to do on a few of them.

Love the quote about weeds Linda i too have always felt that they do not get the appreciation they deserve. Although i feel really bad when i have to yank them from my garden, many times i remember to apologize that i need to pull them out of the ground.

Luda wrote:A healthy wildlife population has value in its own right - it belongs in the ecosystem and each species plays an important role.

Luda i just wanted to say thank you for mentioning this, and i feel this to be true as well.

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda July 30th 2009, 3:01 pm

Spirit-Being, I like your Abstain rules, I'm gonna copy it and put it somewhere where I could read it once in awhile, I could use a touch up also.
Moths are my favorite to save, cause they tickle my palms when I have them cupped in my hands.
I'd like to share a little story (-:
On our last family camping trip, one of my nephews who is about six years old was stomping, swatting and killing any little bug that he could. I had a little talk with him, I told him "This is where the bugs live, we are camping in their home, we are big monsters to the little bugs, how would you like it if some big monster went to your house and stepped on you, when you were playing in your yard?" I think he got the idea and did not kill any more bugs that trip.
Linda (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 31st 2009, 12:02 pm

Linda wrote:Spirit-Being, I like your Abstain rules, I'm gonna copy it and put it somewhere where I could read it once in awhile, I could use a touch up also.
Moths are my favorite to save, cause they tickle my palms when I have them cupped in my hands.
I'd like to share a little story (-:
On our last family camping trip, one of my nephews who is about six years old was stomping, swatting and killing any little bug that he could. I had a little talk with him, I told him "This is where the bugs live, we are camping in their home, we are big monsters to the little bugs, how would you like it if some big monster went to your house and stepped on you, when you were playing in your yard?" I think he got the idea and did not kill any more bugs that trip.

Glad you like the abstain rules here is the place i found them, i believe they have free laminated cards for these Abstains.

http://www.justbegood.net/FreeStuff.htm

I think you did a great job explaining to your nephew Thumb you made it very easy for him to understand. And it truly is their home, we must share the earth and appreciate all of life in every place :lovesigh:

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 August 20th 2009, 2:25 pm

We all have our purpose in life, be it plant, insect, animal, or humans, we all deserve a place on this earth.

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 20th 2009, 8:12 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:We all have our purpose in life, be it plant, insect, animal, or humans, we all deserve a place on this earth.

Well Said Vanilla2 Thumb

I feel exactly the same way, i remember Linda added a quote in another post about weeds that was eventually added to the weekly quote, i feel also that they are not just weeds they are life.

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 9th 2009, 3:05 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:Ecological Forestry
Why we need a Healthy Wildlife Population

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: `What good is it?' If the land mechanism as a whole is good, then every part is good, whether we understand it or not. If the biota, in the course of aeons, had built something we like but do not understand, then who but a fool would discard seemingly useless parts? To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of tinkering."

Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac

Did you ever wonder, at the root of what we are, Spirit, that there are no plants and animals and humans but rather that there is life.
One life manifesting as many.
Is there any part of that one life that is any less precious and holy than another?
I see the divine in you, in me and in a mosquito and I can’t help but treat each with honor and respect.
Peace and Blessings, Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content