Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bi-modal sleep pattern.

Go down

Bi-modal sleep pattern. Empty Bi-modal sleep pattern.

Post by skfarblum on August 29th 2013, 1:19 am

In a 4-week study with 15 men living with restricted daylight hours, something strange started to happen. After catching up on their “sleep debt” – a common state of affairs for most of us – the participants began to wake up in the middle of the night:

They began to have two sleeps.

Over a twelve hour period, the participants would typically sleep for about four or five hours initially, then wake for several hours, then sleep again until morning. They slept not more than eight hours total.

The middle hours of the night, between two sleeps, was characterized by unusual calmness, likened to meditation. This was not the middle-of-the-night toss-and-turn that many of us experienced. The individuals did not stress about falling back asleep, but used the time to relax.

Russell Foster, professor of circadian neuroscience at Oxford, points out that even with standard sleep patterns, this night waking isn’t always cause for concern. “Many people wake up at night and panic,” he says. “I tell them that what they are experiencing is a throwback to the bi-modal sleep pattern.

Do any of you have a bi-modal sleep pattern?
I have for years.

Stephen

Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 155
Hobbies : Walking,reading,meditation,open source
Tell us about yourself : Serious minded.Dry sense of humour.Very emotional.
Appreciation Points : 241
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Bi-modal sleep pattern. Empty Re: Bi-modal sleep pattern.

Post by Aussiepom on August 29th 2013, 7:18 am

Yes,I have that,Stephen.     Often awakening at 4am.    I get out of bed,have a cup of tea then go back and drop into a light doze.   That is when those from the spirit world come through....I hear voices and given messages sometimes.

That makes a lot of sense to me.....
Joan x
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by skfarblum on August 29th 2013, 7:52 am

It is often a very fruitful time for intuitions and insights.
Nice to know it is quite normal.
Stephen

Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 155
Hobbies : Walking,reading,meditation,open source
Tell us about yourself : Serious minded.Dry sense of humour.Very emotional.
Appreciation Points : 241
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart on August 29th 2013, 8:31 pm

Thanks for sharing Stephen. 

I don't normally do that. I stay up too late and I'm exhaused. Go to bed and sleep the whole night through. I only get 6-7 hrs a night sleep on weekdays but I do sleep 8 hrs on the weekends. 

On rare occasion I will get up early and stay up. 
I am a night owl. When I wasn't working I'd stay up and not even get to bed till 2 or 3 am.

•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•
We live our experiences so we can teach from them
•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum