Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plato's Cave

Go down

Plato's Cave Empty Plato's Cave

Post by 23luda23 on June 30th 2009, 4:29 pm

I am currently reading a book "THE ESSENCE OF TRUTH" On Plato's Cave Allegory and Theaetetus by Martin Heidegger and it reminded me of dream that I had many years ago. A lot changed since then but the dream as clear in my memory as I have seen it recently.

In the dream I was a prisoner being forced by a guard to walk through a dark hallway toward my room/cell. The prison guard opened the metal door and pushed me in the room and shut the door. I turned and run toward the closed door and started to pound on the door with my hands, bagging to let me out. After a while with no responds I turned and saw my room furnished with the bed and night stand with the lighted candle on it. I set on the bed devastated. Then I lift up my head and notice that one of the walls in the room was down reviling a large building partially in ruins that my room was part of. Then at the distance I saw an old woman sitting amongst the rubles that used to be this building. I got up and started to walk toward her. I come close enough to clearly see her. She lifts up her head and looked right at me. Then she stretched her arm and pointed it to the left. I could not see what she was pointing at do to the wall to the left so I walked a little farther toward her. At the end of the wall I turn my head and saw the light everywhere and way to freedom. I stand there for a little while looking at it then turn and went back to my room and set on the bed.

The dream has ended and when I woke up I could not understand why I come back to that room? I have not read far enough in this book to know the answer and I hope the answer is there. But if anyone has an idea why I did that I would really like to hear it.

Thank you

Last edited by 23luda23 on June 30th 2009, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Plato's Cave Empty Re: Plato's Cave

Post by Spirit-Being on June 30th 2009, 6:28 pm

When i read your dream the first thought i had was maybe this was a past life.

The woman was obviously showing you to the light so...

why would you turn back and go to the small room?

Looking at it in symbolic form it seems the woman was showing you freedom, but you knew where true freedom was and turned around. I think of the ancient teachers when they would sit in quiet contemplation (meditation) in solitude, they gained great insight and knew where true freedom was. The woman i believe was there to test you it was a trial to see which path you would choose.

Hope this helps

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 on July 1st 2009, 10:35 pm

Spirit-Being wrote:When i read your dream the first thought i had was maybe this was a past life.

I thought of that too but I would probably escaped when I had the chance

The woman was obviously showing you to the light so...

why would you turn back and go to the small room?

Looking at it in symbolic form it seems the woman was showing you freedom, but you knew where true freedom was and turned around. I think of the ancient teachers when they would sit in quiet contemplation (meditation) in solitude, they gained great insight and knew where true freedom was. The woman i believe was there to test you it was a trial to see which path you would choose.

Hope this helps

Many Blessings

You probably right, I did choose to deal with the situation I was in instead of running away from it. It took a lot of falling before I learned some things that actually worked. I completely agree with the quote “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
— Albert Einstein. Sometimes I wonder if I took the right path.

Thank You Spirit-Being Thank You
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer on July 2nd 2009, 8:59 am

You may feel that your life is restricted at the moment and your dream reflects your need to change your routines. To release yourself you may need to make major changes to your waking life. You may feel restricted by behaviour that enslaves you or you have repressed your emotions.To dream that you are a prisoner, suggests that
some situation or relationship is making you feel restricted. You may be
experiencing a loss of freedom in some area of your life. Alternatively, the
dream may represent your feelings of shame and guilt. This dream image is trying
to tell you to stop punishing yourself. Reach for the freedom offered.

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 on July 3rd 2009, 2:55 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:You may feel that your life is restricted at the moment and your dream reflects your need to change your routines. To release yourself you may need to make major changes to your waking life. You may feel restricted by behaviour that enslaves you or you have repressed your emotions.To dream that you are a prisoner, suggests that
some situation or relationship is making you feel restricted. You may be
experiencing a loss of freedom in some area of your life. Alternatively, the
dream may represent your feelings of shame and guilt. This dream image is trying
to tell you to stop punishing yourself. Reach for the freedom offered.

Thank you Wind-Dancer. Thank You
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content