Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Affirmations

Go down

Favorite Affirmations Empty Favorite Affirmations

Post by Spirit-Being July 20th 2009, 2:20 pm

My girlfriend suggested earlier today that i should use an affirmation that she has used many times, today while riding to work i began saying Heart Pump"GOD LOVES ME"Heart Pump this is the affirmation that she suggested and i finally listened and took her advice, believe me i can be very stubborn. As i began saying "GOD LOVES ME" something inside me began saying that "You shouldn't be saying this and you are just feeding your ego" This bothered me and i almost gave up saying this affirmation, but i knew that this was my ego lying to me, so i brushed it off and continued to say the affirmation. Low and behold the negative thoughts went away about 5 - 10 minutes later. This has been the best day and i learned alot about myself and may have found a way to transmute these negative thoughts into Loving energy. If you ever feel things are not going so well in your life try this affirmation or any other positive affirmation that you feel comfortable with.

Many Blessings

Last edited by Spirit-Being on November 5th 2009, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Favorite Affirmations Empty Re: Favorite Affirmations

Post by Wind-Dancer July 26th 2009, 11:51 am

That is a very powerful affirmation. It was effecting something inside you. Thanks for sharing.

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots July 28th 2009, 6:30 pm

yes i agree,
LOVE

and

'I'm a winner'
although I hear my ego....LOL... telling me I'm a loser
99% of the time...it is hard being me......
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Of Smooth October 1st 2009, 6:27 pm

Very classic of a thing to stir our time to, and thanks for the positive effort.

My favorite affirmation is a conquering strength of a spiritual explanation. If something I choose for myself I feel has the gift of liberating myself or my own then I know that it will such a interest to give on to will not only give me the answer that spirituality is true to me furthest but also it would encourage me as a human being and that is why I get so ready to lighten the spark within my soul. Affirmation is as good as gold.

Yes, I enjoyed this.

The seeker is replenished.

http://very-spiritual-books.yolasite.com
Vibe Of Smooth
Vibe Of Smooth

Male
Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Anything Spirtual
Tell us about yourself : Easy Listener
Appreciation Points : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 October 2nd 2009, 5:40 am

Spirit-being the affirmation that your girlfriend gave you may have left you feeling that something inside you shouldn't be saying that, because at the time maybe you wasn't ready, it was not coming from the heart, you was saying it because some one had told you to, but then soon after something marvelous happened within you, it DID come from the heart. Blessings Very Happy

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being October 7th 2009, 1:21 pm

Very uplifting posts guys. Affirmations truly can help bring about positive results Very Happy

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by freebie November 5th 2009, 1:04 pm

Thank you for sharing this because it is so true.
freebie
freebie

Female
Number of posts : 32
Hobbies : Gardening, Knitting, watching TV, and movies
Tell us about yourself : I consider myself a curious learner, I love to experience life and the things in it.
Appreciation Points : 40
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being March 24th 2012, 4:17 pm

long time since i updated this post, this affirmation is one i carry in my wallet.

Protection: (herbal magic candle, candle affirmation)

"I invoke the spirit to guide and protect me. My faith assures that only the positive may touch my being. I am safe and at ease in body and spirit."

~Crystal Journey Candles~

Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mia March 24th 2012, 4:36 pm

Good one Thumb

I often say if feeling nervous ....

I am safe, I am well and I am protected

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart June 29th 2013, 12:42 am

That is a great affirmation Spirit-Being.

There are many........................

I saw this somewhere, could have been here.

"I am Happiness"
" I am Health"
" I am Love"

more...........

I love and appreciate myself just as I am.
My life is blossoming in total perfection.
It’s ok for me to have fun and enjoy myself, and I do.
All things are now working together for good in my life.
I am strong and healthy
I rest when I am tired
I am healing old wounds
I love and care for my body
I exercise regularly
I am getting better everyday
I say “no” when I want to
I can ask for help when I need it.
I handle conflict and tension with confidence
I seek out people who love and nurture me
I learn from my mistakes
I put my worries in perspective
I am worthwhile
I am a friend to myself
I choose what I want and go after it
I am open-minded
I keep a positive attitude
I love in the present moment
I encourage myself
I look for solutions
I am centered and balanced
I can change
I am creative
I forgive myself
I let go of resentment
I value myself
I nurture my spirit
I express my feelings respectfully
I love myself
I am gentle with myself
I choose that which I enjoy
I accept responsibility for my life
I cope with tress well
I take action when something is important to me
I accomplish my goals

Mirror Affirmation Technique:
This technique is great for helping you see yourself as beautiful. I learned this from Louise Hay books and modified it for my own use.

Stand in front of the mirror, preferably in underwear or unclothed. Start at one end of your body & work to the other end finding as many nice things to say about your body as you can. For example: "I love my ears. They hear well and enable me to listen. They have a beautiful shape. I love my wonderful ears."
Doing this technique helps you find and appreciate more of you. All of your body does important functions. Your eyes see, ears hear, nose smells, and heart pumps blood. The idea, of course, is to build a more positive overall self-image.
Anywhere technique:
Whenever you catch yourself thinking something you would rather not, here is a technique that works rather well. It is based on NLP techniques.

Hear the phrase you said diminishing in volume until it disappears, then hear the phrase you want to say grow louder.
Alternately, you can see the "picture" of what you didn't like go spin away from you and have the picture of what you do want spin towards you.
In this way we lessen the importance of the negative thought and give greater importance to the positive thought.

Writing Technique: 
I call this technique "Giving the problem to Spirit". Scott Adams used a version of this technique to change his life. It worked well for him, perhaps it will work for you.

Simply sit down at a table and write what you would like in your life 15 times every day. An example is: "I am healthy, happy, wise and free". When you are done know that the universe is taking care of it.
Some people will take that writing and tuck it into a revered place, such as their bible, or some other place of respect. Don't just toss it into the junk drawer. That means that you are disrespectful of your thoughts.

Trash Can Technique: 
Good for getting rid of negative thoughts. Be sure to replace them with positive thoughts and affirmations.

Whenever you find something you don't like. Write it down and throw it into the trash. By doing this, you are telling the universe, I want to be done with this problem, please help me work through it and be done with it.
A related technique is the "burning bowl" ceremony. Write two lists. One is for all the thoughts and personal traits that you want to get rid of. The other is for the positive thoughts and traits that will fill the vacuum created by the departing thoughts. Then light a fire in a bowl and put the bad list in, and tell the world (doesn't have to be load, though it could) that you release these thoughts.

Meditation Technique:
Look for divine inspiration while repeating your affirmations
Sit quietly and ask your inner guide, universe, God, and/or guardian angel (whatever fits your belief system) for insights, help and guidance. Then quietly repeat your affirmation for 10-15 minutes. Sit quietly fo 5 minutes afterwards for any insights.

Exercise Technique:
Very nice for active people and for many health related goals.

Repeat your affirmations while exercising. Such as, "I am strong" or "I am really improving" and so on. Soon they will be part of your thought process. Repeating these affirmations becomes self-fulfilling since you will have more fun and see more results. Because of that we'll tend to stick with the program and maybe even work harder.
Integration Technique:
A technique for actively working on your goals

While repeating your positive affirmation, actively think of ways to integrate your affirmations into your life. For example: if your affirmation is "I have a great xxxxx": find ways of loving your xxxxx, improving your relationship with xxxxx, and best ways of achieving xxxxx.
- See more at: http://www.gems4friends.com/affirmations.html#daily

•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•
We live our experiences so we can teach from them
•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•...•:*¨¨*:•
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum