Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jinas

Go down

Jinas Empty Jinas

Post by Spirit-Being on July 27th 2009, 3:11 pm

I found this paragraph while do some searching on the web, and found it very interesting.

The Jinas

The Jinas, also known as Tirthankaras, are teachers of Jainism who have attained kevalajnana (infinite knowledge) and who preach the doctrine of moksa (salvation). They are not the founders of a religion, but the propagators of a truth and a path which have already been traditionally taught. Each Jina continues this tradition of teaching for the benefit of future generations. Although scriptures teach and reassert that the Jina is a human being, born of human parents in the usual way, the Jaina laity is usually raised to regard him as more of a superhuman.

The teachings of Jinas are not received through some divine revelation or manifested through a magical power, but it is the individual soul, with the help of earlier teachings, that comes to know the truth. Nothing new is ever taught, so worshipping or following a particular Jina has no special significance.

http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/peter/katie/jain/jinas.html

To me it seems the Higher Self is the focus and allowing the higher self to connect with all aspects of life.

"Our Inner Guide"

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Jinas Empty Re: Jinas

Post by Wind-Dancer on July 27th 2009, 9:35 pm

i agree, i think they find and enhance theit higher selfs.

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on July 28th 2009, 12:07 pm

The teachings of Jinas are not received through some divine revelation or manifested through a magical power, but it is the individual soul, with the help of earlier teachings, that comes to know the truth.

To know of this knowledge directly from our higher selves (soul) is our direct connection with god many times i hear my inner-self telling me things but my rational minds wants me to think that it is just my mind thinking, i do know it is my higher self guiding me, i begun to listen more and less analyzing. I can definitely tell the difference from the subconscious chatter over my higher self speaking, the chatter of the mind is erratic and goes from one thought to the next, but the higher self speaks clearly and guides.

Has anyone noticed the differences between the 2?

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 on July 28th 2009, 8:26 pm

quote="Spirit-Being Has anyone noticed the differences between the 2?

Yes I have notice the difference between the 2. It feels like there are two people talking within, but do to loudness in our civilized world with so many distractions and confusions it’s hard to tell sometimes the deference between the two. I am currently reading the book in which I found something very interesting and I would like to share with all of you.

Extract from The Process of Individuation, in Man and his Symbols. M-L von Franz, Picador, 1964
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout the ages men have been intuitively aware of the existence of an inner centre. The Greeks called it man's inner daimon; in Egypt it was expressed by the concept of the Ba-soul; and the Romans worshiped it as the "genius" native to each individual. In more primitive societies it was often thought of as a protective spirit embodied within the animal or a fetish.

This inner centre is realized in exceptionally pure, unspoilt form by the Naskapi Indians, who still exist in the forests of the Labrador peninsula. These simple people are hunters who live in isolated family groups, so far from one another that they have not been able to evolve tribal customs or collective religious beliefs and ceremonies. In his lifelong solitude the Naskapi hunter has to rely on his own inner voices and unconscious revelations; he has no religious teachers who tell him what he should believe, no rituals, festivals, or customs to help him along. In his basic view of life, the soul of man is simply an "inner companion," whom he calls "my friend" or Mista'peo, meaning "Great Man." Mista-peo dwells in the heart and is immortal; in the moment of death, or shortly before, he leaves the individual, and later reincarnates himself in another being.

...I mention these very primitive people because they are uncontaminated by our civilized ideas and still have natural insight into the essence of what Jung calls the Self.
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on July 30th 2009, 3:11 pm

This is awesome luda that these people were able to be uncontaminated by the world and are able to go by their own experiences into who they truly are. I am sure many of the native americans in very early times hundreds and hundreds of years ago were untainted as well, now that i think about it there are many tribes out there that will not allow themselves to be tainted by society, they are living Indigenous lives.

Indigenous:
having originated in and being produced, growing, living, or occurring naturally in a particular region or environment.

The thought is astounding to be without influence from society.

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum