Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Thinking" Spititual

Go down

"Thinking" Spititual Empty "Thinking" Spititual

Post by WhiteShaman on October 27th 2009, 8:37 am

I wonder………………….when you/me are not “thinking” spiritual……..when we are going about our day performing tasks..
………our minds simply on the task at hand……..no thoughts of energy, vibration, God, guides or veils….what are we then?

I ask this question because doesn’t it sometimes seem like our spiritual highs and lows are simply related to how much thought we
place on such things as God, energy, and even forums.

Where do the contents of these thoughts come from?

Personally, I think they all have their basis in religion. I think they all come from someone else and are not original.

I read the other day someone was voicing their support of the act of meditating on the forum and was stating how it is
the most important thing we can do spiritually.

Why do they think this? Is this not the foundation of many eastern religions? Is that why this individual really thinks this is important?

If you never heard that, what importance is it then?

I say again, what happens when we stop “thinking” spiritual? Is that the only place we are spiritual, in our thoughts?
What happens when we just stop thinking except to perform the task at hand or to decipher the scene before us?
Do we suddenly “feel” not spiritual and quickly dive back into our thoughts?
I know I tend to be like that.

Are our guides with us if we are not thinking about them being with us?

This probably doesn’t make much sense to many of you as it is probably something I wonder myself.
I thought I would share it anyways.
Please..I'm not looking for advice..I am just curious if any of you all feel this way at times
Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

"Thinking" Spititual Empty Re: "Thinking" Spititual

Post by Essence Ka tha'ras on October 27th 2009, 11:30 am

Greetings,
Okay, I’m going to have to respond to this line by line, for there is too much here to respond in a simple way……lol
And just for the record, I am only speaking for myself and what I personally believe to be…. when I answer.

I wonder………………….when you/me are not “thinking” spiritual……..when we are going about our day performing tasks..
………our minds simply on the task at hand……..no thoughts of energy, vibration, God, guides or veils….what are we then?

We are the same thing we are when we ARE thinking; highly advanced spiritual Beings incarnate in physical forms experiencing the dimensions of dense physical matter. Here to assist in the awakening and conscious vibrational shift of dense matter into a higher spiritual frequency….

I ask this question because doesn’t it sometimes seem like our spiritual highs and lows are simply related to how much thought we place on such things as God, energy, and even forums.
I think this statement is very true…. to a certain extent.
I think the more we come to understand the workings of our true spiritual selves the less we vacillate, and the wide swing of the pendulum from one extreme to the other finds its balance in the center.

Personally, I think they all have their basis in religion. I think they all come from someone else and are not original.

I don’t think….. (no pun intended…..LOL) that is the case at all past a certain level. I understand what you are stating and at one place it is very true. But I think if we are operating at our current highest potential then it means we take what we “learn” and we consider its positive potential for us individually in our spiritual growth and we access the higher portions of our true self and consider it from that vantage point. In doing so we formulate what often is an original thought and thus propel our self forward, and often even others along with us, if we share our thoughts.
Now…. If you are only talking about this in the sense that there are always those more spiritually advanced than we are and we have come up with nothing new under the sun….. then yes…… there can not ever be a new thought, for indeed if taken to the extreme in this concept, then we have to acquiesce that ALL thought(s) originated within “ the mind of God” at the inception of this great experiment and have only been floating around in the ethers waiting for someone to snatch them from thin air.

I read the other day someone was voicing their support of the act of meditating on the forum and was stating how it is the most important thing we can do spiritually.
Why do they think this? Is this not the foundation of many eastern religions? Is that why this individual really thinks this is important?

As to why a particular individual thinks a particular thought, you can only ask that individual. We can speculate…. but that is all.

Some things are just a truth in the physics and physical workings of our Universe, and it depends not on whether we know of them or believe in them or not. In other words, gravity is part of the physical make up and the physics of how “our” Universe operates and maintains itself, and it works whether we have ever heard of Johnny Appleseed or Sir Isaac Newton or not.

I say again, what happens when we stop “thinking” spiritual? Is that the only place we are spiritual, in our thoughts?
What happens when we just stop thinking except to perform the task at hand or to decipher the scene before us?

We are nothing but spiritual. (see the whole Johnny Appleseed thing above……LOL)

I think we do this for a variety of reasons. One we enjoy it, two… it is what we came here to do on a multitude of levels, and last but certainly not least… it can become a place to hide away from 3D life. We MUST make certain we are not doing it for this reason. If we are going to make true positive spiritual progress and grow in a manner that is for the good of all concerned, we must learn to see, appreciate and live the spiritual in our mundane lives. It is truly what this adventure is, and always has been about.

Yes

This probably doesn’t make much sense to many of you as it is probably something I wonder myself.
Please..I'm not looking for advice..I am just curious if any of you all feel this way at times

In a few final words.
I can only go on my own experiences in this physical life. Over the years as I began my spiritual awakening process I did exactly like you stated here. I only “felt” spiritual when my mind was focused on “spiritual” thoughts. As I traveled my pathe to awakenment I found that more and more, no matter what I was doing in my day-to-day life, my thoughts were on spiritual concepts and matters. Now, and for so many years I can not even remember at this point, I can honestly say there is not a waking thought I have that is not wrapped around what is Spiritual. It doesn’t matter if I am meditating, or if I am doing dishes and laundry, or if I am driving to town to get groceries; the world of “Spirit” is always in the forefront of my every thought.
Do I feel a Saint? No
Do I consider myself special? No. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people on this planet right now who would tell you the same thing about themselves.
Did I have to work at it? Yes
Can I imagine my life any other way? NO

Great topic and thought. Thanks for starting it.

Namaste

Essence Ka tha'ras
Essence Ka tha'ras
Essence Ka tha'ras

Female
Number of posts : 20
Hobbies : Gardening, Reading, Writing and so much it would be too time consuming to post.
Tell us about yourself : I AM a writer, a poet, a wife, a homeschool mom, a friend, a Spiritual Growth Guide and Teacher, a Numerologist, a Tarot Card Reader and an Energy Reader, and a Spiritual Student. I am an Aromatherapist, I work with Colour and Sound, and Energy in All its Forms. I am an Awakened and Enlightened Star Being, a Lightworker specializing in Energy work. I AM this and much more...
Appreciation Points : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman on October 27th 2009, 12:00 pm

Essence Ka tha'ras wrote:Greetings,
Okay, I’m going to have to respond to this line by line, for there is too much here to respond in a simple way……lol
And just for the record, I am only speaking for myself and what I personally believe to be…. when I answer.

We are the same thing we are when we ARE thinking; highly advanced spiritual Beings incarnate in physical forms experiencing the dimensions of dense physical matter. Here to assist in the awakening and conscious vibrational shift of dense matter into a higher spiritual frequency….

I ask this question because doesn’t it sometimes seem like our spiritual highs and lows are simply related to how much thought we place on such things as God, energy, and even forums.
I think this statement is very true…. to a certain extent.
I think the more we come to understand the workings of our true spiritual selves the less we vacillate, and the wide swing of the pendulum from one extreme to the other finds its balance in the center.

I don’t think….. (no pun intended…..LOL) that is the case at all past a certain level. I understand what you are stating and at one place it is very true. But I think if we are operating at our current highest potential then it means we take what we “learn” and we consider its positive potential for us individually in our spiritual growth and we access the higher portions of our true self and consider it from that vantage point. In doing so we formulate what often is an original thought and thus propel our self forward, and often even others along with us, if we share our thoughts.
Now…. If you are only talking about this in the sense that there are always those more spiritually advanced than we are and we have come up with nothing new under the sun….. then yes…… there can not ever be a new thought, for indeed if taken to the extreme in this concept, then we have to acquiesce that ALL thought(s) originated within “ the mind of God” at the inception of this great experiment and have only been floating around in the ethers waiting for someone to snatch them from thin air.

I read the other day someone was voicing their support of the act of meditating on the forum and was stating how it is the most important thing we can do spiritually.

As to why a particular individual thinks a particular thought, you can only ask that individual. We can speculate…. but that is all.

Some things are just a truth in the physics and physical workings of our Universe, and it depends not on whether we know of them or believe in them or not. In other words, gravity is part of the physical make up and the physics of how “our” Universe operates and maintains itself, and it works whether we have ever heard of Johnny Appleseed or Sir Isaac Newton or not.

We are nothing but spiritual. (see the whole Johnny Appleseed thing above……LOL)

I think we do this for a variety of reasons. One we enjoy it, two… it is what we came here to do on a multitude of levels, and last but certainly not least… it can become a place to hide away from 3D life. We MUST make certain we are not doing it for this reason. If we are going to make true positive spiritual progress and grow in a manner that is for the good of all concerned, we must learn to see, appreciate and live the spiritual in our mundane lives. It is truly what this adventure is, and always has been about.

Yes

In a few final words.
I can only go on my own experiences in this physical life. Over the years as I began my spiritual awakening process I did exactly like you stated here. I only “felt” spiritual when my mind was focused on “spiritual” thoughts. As I traveled my pathe to awakenment I found that more and more, no matter what I was doing in my day-to-day life, my thoughts were on spiritual concepts and matters. Now, and for so many years I can not even remember at this point, I can honestly say there is not a waking thought I have that is not wrapped around what is Spiritual. It doesn’t matter if I am meditating, or if I am doing dishes and laundry, or if I am driving to town to get groceries; the world of “Spirit” is always in the forefront of my every thought.
Do I feel a Saint? No
Do I consider myself special? No. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people on this planet right now who would tell you the same thing about themselves.
Did I have to work at it? Yes
Can I imagine my life any other way? NO

Great topic and thought. Thanks for starting it.

Thank you Essence!

In your last statement, your final words, you stated that years ago:
“… I only “felt” spiritual when my mind was focused on “spiritual” thoughts.”
That is not how I feel but I could certainly relate to those days in my own experience.

This statement below describes more how I feel but even so; it is all related to thought.

“…..no matter what I was doing in my day-to-day life, my thoughts were on spiritual concepts and matters. Now, and for so many years I can not even remember at this point, I can honestly say there is not a waking thought I have that is not wrapped around what is Spiritual. It doesn’t matter if I am meditating, or if I am doing dishes and laundry, or if I am driving to town to get groceries; the world of “Spirit” is always in the forefront of my every thought.”

I am ALMOST the same way…”Everything I do or think….“Spirit” is in the forefront of MY THOUGHTS”

I say ALMOST because if I am deep in thought designing something at work or drawing a portrait, my thoughts are only on what I am doing.
It is what I experience as being completely present.
When I am doing less “thought consuming” tasks, my mind wraps around what I call the “spiritual”.

Of course I never “do” anything nor “want” to “do” anything that is outside the boundaries of what I deem as “Spiritual” so I guess even when I am not consciously “thinking” “Spiritual”, I am “doing” “Spiritual”.

And as I said, I am not just “doing” “Spiritual”…… I “want” to “do” “Spiritual” so I am “being” who I AM whether I am thinking or doing.
I think a bell just went off!

It sure helps me to talk these things, Thank you! Thumb

Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on October 27th 2009, 1:03 pm

Apart from being on this forum I am also on a UK "non-Spiritual" type forum for seniors of 50 plus, Dave is the moderator on this site, I say non-spiritual because we talk about anything and everything, many topic subjects recieve negative type responses, I guess that is part reason of joining here, I got slightly put off with the negativity and pessimistic views. Plus over the last 4/5 months I have started on my own spiritual journey since my own prayers were answered, ie: visits from my Petra was granted to me after I prayed for her to visit.

Since Dave's grand daughter became ill, I believe I was the first person to place a prayer onto the site ending in Amen, after that, It didn't take long before a few others added there few words ending with God Bless, and for the first time since me being a member on this forum some were showing their own spiritual sides, which I had never seen before.
So it is easyfor me to "switch off" being spiritual temporarily, but in my mind, it will always be switched on. If this makes sense.

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman on October 27th 2009, 1:07 pm

I agree Vanilla,
We are always spiritual whether we are thinking about it or not!
This past week has caused me to question ALL thought and is the source of my question.
I thank you all for your responses!
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on November 2nd 2009, 8:50 pm

well,
I am older now....LOL
and I have returned to Spirit
after allowing myself to be corrupted...
stronger or rather more assertive;
knowing it's what must be in my life
and i go everywhere with it...
I used to say that my church goes with me
everywhere - "my church is where i am"
- it's not just a building it is my soul ( my true self )
that I carry everywhere i go....my heart is in it...
what I learned was how to use it, present it, and appreciate it
for being a part of my personality.

I have let my soul go into the universe; I feel great for it
- I take no credit nor boast any pride I sit back and enjoy
how my heart grows within the universe; I feel good I
helped someone get through the day..... Cruising
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mia on November 3rd 2009, 1:57 pm

I cannot live any other way except spiritually now.
When I am with my elderly clients (I am a carer), no matter how grumpy or rude they are, I can accept it.
I understand the reasons they are that way. I don't get offended, upset or snap back.
I like the way I am Smile

I never thought about this before Smile

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer on November 4th 2009, 8:21 am

"Thinking" Spititual Beauty1

We make contact with the spiritual realm by shifting from a busy mental concentration within to a voluntary, wide opening to realities from without. As we expand with our heart we come in contact with spiritual essences which surround us. It is a mixture of energy, the desire to reach higher, and the intense happiness and serenity that beauty gives us.

Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman on November 4th 2009, 8:37 am

Wind-Dancer wrote:"Thinking" Spititual Beauty1

We make contact with the spiritual realm by shifting from a busy mental concentration within to a voluntary, wide opening to realities from without. As we expand with our heart we come in contact with spiritual essences which surround us. It is a mixture of energy, the desire to reach higher, and the intense happiness and serenity that beauty gives us.

I enjoyed reading your post Wind-Dancer! Good Post
It reminded me of something I heard once..that this mixture of energy, mentioned in your post, is likened to a "dance".
Peace to you,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on November 4th 2009, 1:15 pm

Absolutely WhiteShaman i have felt this many times, i too wonder if our thoughts manifest what we most dearly need. For instance i am not aware of Angels unless i am thinking about them, same with spiritual guides. We all hold the keys to our own spirituality, through our thoughts and what we were taught & what we have learned through our own experiences. Someone once said that we (human family) create our own reality.

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda on November 23rd 2009, 2:34 pm

You really can't Think Spiritual, you have to bee Spiritual (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on December 8th 2010, 2:09 pm

The relationship between "thinking" and "non thinking" is an interesting relationship. Thinking creates a reality and non thinking allows it to exist.

Thinking creates movement, non thinking allows that movement it's freedom to be. The whole thing is very magikal.

love,

sun
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiter-rising on November 27th 2011, 3:46 pm

Is it original? To me, not necessarily.
Is it belonging to one religion? One sect? I do not believe so.
Can it actually belong anywhere? Or is it a fundamental aspect of the reality we currently reside in? I believe there are some fundamental aspects of this realm, and yes, many religions across the board do have a similar meaning. Do they own these truths? No.

I feel there are Universal Truths out there that everyone is capable of experiencing, with or without the aid of religion, creed, mythology, or technique. We are all interconnected on a sort of Web of All That Is .. if you will .. and whilst many can go about daily life without recognizing this, there are those who are also capable of tapping into this energy source on a constant basis. it is our choice. There are so many religions out there, and it seems people today even go one step further, taking pieces from a number of religions, putting them together, and creating their own 'religion' that seems to suit them. But religion should not be considered an authoritative figure, even sacred texts and scriptures. While I will not deny there is wisdom contained within, I will also not deny that I feel much of our sacred texts are simply an example of how one individual or group of individuals has been shown a way. It is not The Way, because there is no one road to enlightenment. The human mind is an incredible tool and I think there are as many methods to tapping into this universal consciousness as there are minds.

I can trance myself out on accident through pure focus.. preparing food is a good example, and gardening. It is not a spiritual act in and of itself, but the process need not be deemed so.. if we allow it to be, it simply is.
jupiter-rising
jupiter-rising

Female
Number of posts : 10
Appreciation Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on November 27th 2011, 9:48 pm

J-Rising, I have to agree with you.
sunmystic
sunmystic