Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The realm of "not knowing"

Go down

The realm of "not knowing" Empty The realm of "not knowing"

Post by WhiteShaman on December 21st 2009, 8:15 am

Just sharing something that I enjoyed reading and am also enjoying practicing:

We are a civilization that relies on definitions—we nail everything down. Or so we think. All we actually do is frame reality with words. Doing that, we have not yet even entered reality. To enter the mystery is to enter the realm of not knowing and trusting that. Trusting yourself. Only then is this wonder revealed. Amen

Peace and Blessings and Happy Holidays! Very Happy
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

The realm of "not knowing" Empty Re: The realm of "not knowing"

Post by Spirit-Being on December 22nd 2009, 3:54 pm

Thought provoking but very true, you seem to be getting a handle on something special, something amazing WhiteShaman

You are teaching me some things i have not even thought of, my brain woke up a little bit more today, i will be thinking more on what Reality is and if we truly are living Reality.

The light bulb went on after reading the paragraph. Thanks a bunch Idea

Happy Holidays

Many Blessings

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2292
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2726
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman on December 22nd 2009, 4:04 pm

Thank you Spirit-being but I would hardly call it teaching, what you yourself already know.
Listening to that "light bulb" is a step towards,"trusting yourself" and the beauty and perfection that you are and never where not.
Peace, Very Happy
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on December 9th 2010, 2:53 pm

Exploring the "unknown" eventually takes one into a reality where knowledge is beyond words. If one has to put everything into words, then they are going to miss the gifts of the knowledge that is beyond words. But then blank pages does not sell very many books Smile .

just love.

sun
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on December 9th 2010, 3:06 pm

WhiteShaman, you and Wind-Dancer are advanced masters. The problem with being an advanced master is that one reaches a point where they have very little to say Smile

Love you!

sun
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiter-rising on November 27th 2011, 11:27 am

WhiteShaman wrote:Just sharing something that I enjoyed reading and am also enjoying practicing:

We are a civilization that relies on definitions—we nail everything down. Or so we think. All we actually do is frame reality with words. Doing that, we have not yet even entered reality. To enter the mystery is to enter the realm of not knowing and trusting that. Trusting yourself. Only then is this wonder revealed. The realm of "not knowing" 117261

Peace and Blessings and Happy Holidays! Very Happy
WhiteShaman

I do not exactly know when humans decided it would be a good idea to build upon language in such a fashion that allowed us to see what actually seems to be another world out there, but I agree that it has been done. Our left brains rightly enjoy defining, categorizing, and all of the information that blooms as a result. Our world has blossomed into something incredible. To many, our world has been seen as completely upside down, but there is still brilliance living in every crevice of this Earth. Our ability to transition between postulation and experimentation has greatly enhanced our lives in ways most of us do not consciously recognize throughout the day. It seems so mundane, yet our cleverness has arrived us at a great technological revolution – attempt to wonder what you would do to explain to ancient man what biodegradable plastics and resins are, or how you are communicating with people on the other side of the globe, through transmissions beamed up into space and sent back down into another country.

I believe this world has incredible potential, as does the human mind and its communication systems. What maybe we are currently witnessing is a false reality shaped and agreed upon unconsciously by our species, but it need not be this way. This is the beauty and power of the human mind. We have a choice. Governments do not decide it for us, our loved ones do not decide it for us. It is our individual choice to begin living in a present state of mind that honors the Earth, honors our ancestors, and honors those around us as sentient creatures sharing this stunning experience of what we deem as reality.

The phrase, To enter the mystery is to enter the realm of not knowing and trusting that, trusting yourself, is simple enough, is it not? Why, then, is humanity so bemused over such a concept? Why are so few of us brave enough to venture into the realm of pure, unabated consciousness?

Is it the conditioning we and our ancestors have endured in order to build this current reality? We do certainly hold higher the spoils of the left brain over that of the right brain. Science, libraries, techniques aimed at telling one how to achieve, are all given extreme amounts of attention, particularly compared to the ability to witness this incredible experience that is happening Now, right Now!

Is it an element of fear? That belittling, nagging voice, ceaselessly chattering in the corners of our mind. It can involve monetary issues, material issues, but also, I feel many of us have been taught that deep, humbling experiences are a threat to our ego. To surrender ourselves to the cycles of the Universe, of the processes that have been occurring since the "beginning of time", can be seen as almost weak to many people. I do not believe it has always been this way. We have boxed ourselves in with a rigid reality. But is ignorance as unhealthy as modern society has pegged it to be? It has this unpleasant taste to it, that word: ignorance. We have given it a negative connotation. I feel so many people see unknowing as something less. I understand the concept, I understand why so many people have decided to fill their lives with drivel, to drive away the feeling. It is humbling, it has the ability to make us feel as if we are tiny cells.

Even though the cell may be miniscule, it is a powerhouse of energy. It is a chemical plant, doing massive amounts of chemical reactions, converting material. It breathes, it works, and it works in cooperation with all of the other cells that compose a biological organism.. millions of cells, billions, working together for a common goal.

I believe everyone arrives at their own conclusions about this realm, particularly the subjective, spiritual aspect of it. Entry-level biology, with all of its words and definitions, actually helped me gain access to that incredible feeling of witnessing this world work as it does, on a natural level, and to give my little tiny ego up and be humbled over this Universe. It opened my eyes further to this wonderfully complex stage we all dance on, with copious amounts of biochemical reactions occurring simultaneously to achieve a common goal: life. And scientists don't even have it all figured out; we have been working on models for the structure of a cell's outer wall for the past sixty years, and update these models constantly. There is always something new, always something to discover, even in the tiniest layers of life.. it is that complex. There is something vastly intelligent at work here, and it is not something the human mind can easily articulate!

That is enough for me, to be humbled before this Universe. The process of life is such a divine, beautiful process to be witnessing. It is so incredibly intelligent and it works perfectly.

The realm of "not knowing" 839875 The realm of "not knowing" 839875 The realm of "not knowing" 839875

Maybe it is simply a process: using words to create a new reality. This has been done, I feel, through the minds of the great philosophers and thinkers over the years. It has been said that every great revolution always had a few brilliant minds corresponding on specific topics, sometimes centuries before any of the physical aspects of such ideas were manifested. This is a powerful tool of the human mind that has been tested and proven; we are a gifted species, for sure, but I feel we have been using our gifts as a means to attain outward results. It is definitely easier to trust our physical senses than it is to rely on our inner sight, our inner sense of smell. Not because some people are devoid of such inner senses, simply because we have been told that these physical senses are the only ones that exist.. we have become lazy, we have agreed to these words without our own experimentation. We have sold ourselves short as a result.

We do not need to be this way. It is possible that we are all here to help shift this world into a better place just with our presence and present-mindedness. Thoughts are contagious, so are feelings. There is so much beauty in this world and we are all so incredibly blessed to be able to be a part of this process, to witness Earth and Her inhabitants, this vast circle of life, of time. Words do not need to box us in, words can be liberating, allow our hearts to soar on a galactic level. We have attained the gift of communication, it is time we recognize this powerful gift, and use it to free our minds into being able to trust our intuition, to love without limits, and to empower the human conscious experience into its rightful, balanced state of existence.

jupiter-rising
jupiter-rising

Female
Number of posts : 10
Appreciation Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on November 27th 2011, 12:32 pm

What is left to this world......
It's still worth fighting for
rather than allowing further destruction.
Thank You
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 31st 2013, 8:08 am

This is a very interesting subject,to me anyway.
The ability to say "I am" is due to fictive language.Self reflection does not
require language.One can watch thoughts and to a certain extant
control them without thought.
But to be "I am" demands ,so it seems to me, language.
Also when I repeat to myself "I am aware of being aware of being aware"
I enter an infinite regress.Which indicates an unknowingness.
I thus suspect unless the gods have a fictive language,they are unable to enter
an infinite regress or think "I am".
Just maybe the gods want our "I am"?

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on May 31st 2013, 12:34 pm

A loving I am is a nurturing gift to all. sunmystic
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male